KAKADU BY NIGHT
Length of Tour: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
Tour Dates: Monday to Friday from May to September Nightly during July & August
Departure Months: May to September
Adults AUD$70.00 per person
Child AUD$45.00 per person (3 - 15 years)
Family AUD$199.00 (2 Adultus & 2 Children)
Point: Coming from Jabiru, Muirella Park Campground is 30km south on the Kakadu Highway, turn left onto sign posted and sealed road. * Meet at the shower block at 6.00pm..
- Look for crocodiles, birds, snakes, turtles and even Barramundi fish in the shallows!
- There are 13 true crocodile (Crocodylinae) species in the world. Hear all about Australias two crocodilians, the man eating Estuarine Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) or Ginga in Kakadus Gundjeihmi language, and the smaller Freshwater Crocodile (Crocodylus johnstoni) or Gumugen. We have both species in our billabong from tiny 10cm freshwater hatchlings (getting bigger every day!) to the mighty 5m resident salty, The Boss!.
- Your guides are local Bininj (Aboriginal) people who are also Kakadu Park Rangers, so you can hear how Park Rangers manage saltwater crocodiles and other plants and animals in the World Heritage Area.
- When conditions allow we operate the cruise without a boat canopy. Just look up, the Kakadu night sky is AWESOME!
- Hear about bush tucker and traditional plant use.
- Learn how to throw a hunting spear, or try blowing a didgeridoo.
Aboriginal culture and night wildlife boat cruise
The only night spotlight boat cruise in the World Heritage Area. This exciting wildlife safari is in the heart of Kakadu on board a specially designed 20 seat boat. Cruise Djarradjin Billabong while spotlighting for the myriad of Kakadu wildlife that comes alive after dark.
This boat cruise has been specifically designed with the bird and wildlife watcher in mind. See day birds roosting on the billabong just waiting to be photographed (flash photography permitted at guides discretion) and observe our nocturnal species working the waterway, a fantastic and unique Kakadu birding experience!
Camera, binoculars, torch (to walk 150m down to the billabong), small water bottle etc.
We recommend you wear full length light clothing.
any enquiries regarding booking this tour, or for more information
about what Diverse Travel Australia can offer, please contact
For additional itineraries that feature more of Australia