ANGATJA BUSH COLLEGE (SOUTH AUSTRALIA - NEAR NORTHERN TERRITORY BORDER)
A UNIQUE INSIGHT INTO THE LAW AND CULTURE OF THE ANANGU PITJANTJATJARA PEOPLE OF CENTRAL AUSTRALIA.
Length of Tour: 5 Days
Tour Dates: 2010 August 13th to 17th
2010 AUD$1,575.00 per person
Point: Ayers Rock Resort
- Anangu Guides;
- Permits and entry fees;
- Most meals;
- Four nights camping and all camping equipment
- Anangu Pitjantjatjara Lands Homeland
- Hosted by traditional custodians
- Visiting the Seven Sister's Cave to hear the Tjukurpa - the creation law story depicted in amazing rock art, one of the few extensively painted caves in central Australia.
- Daily life in the camp at Angatja.
- Listening to the Elders tell the history of the region and explain traditional Pitjantjatjara lifestyle
- Learn how to fashion artifacts or traditional weapons from mulga and gum tree.
- Hunting and gathering - forage for bush tucker
- Follow part of a major Dreaming Creation Being Songline, the Giant Perentie Lizard. A unique insight in to the sacred significance of the land
Desert Tracks invite you on a once in a lifetime exclusive invitation to visit the Pitjantjatjara Lands and Musgrave Ranges for a cultural experience exploring the Aboriginal songline stories of the Creation ancestors. Gain an insight into the law and culture of the Anangu people as you become students of your Anangu guides and learn the story of Wati Ngintaka, the giant perentie lizard man. Travel across a country mapped by the Songlines of the Creation Ancestors and learn the importance of Songlines to Anangu daily life. Your visit assists with their tourism business and this tour will contribute to their independent economic development.
This tour is designed for the adventurous National Trust members who have an interest in learning about our Indigenous culture. The tour begins from Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort) in central Australia and travel south into the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Lands. Accommodation is in swags under the stars with basic ablutions.
To get the most out of your visit, you are encouraged to be on Anangu time where there is no fixed schedule. Let the land dictate your activities as you relax and enjoy the days as they unfold.
Optional: Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Uluru (Ayers Rock) tours.
any enquiries regarding booking this tour, or for more information
about what Diverse Travel Australia can offer, please contact
For additional itineraries that feature more of Australia