BATHURST ISLAND ONE DAY TOUR
Length of Tour: 1 Day
Tour Dates: Monday - Friday ONLY
Departure Months: March to November
AUD$219.00 Adult (ground touring)
AUD$110.00 Child (ground touring - 15 years and under)
Return flight AUD$265.00 per person
FUEL SURCHARGE MAY BE CHARGED
Point: Darwin Airport at 7:30am returning to Darwin Airport at 5:15pm (times subject to change due to aircraft availability).
AIRPORT TRANSFERS NOT INCLUDED
Mini bus or 4WD vehicle, lunch, permits, airfares to and from Bathurst Island from Darwin .
- Scenic flight to/from Bathurst Island.
- Visiting the progressive community Aboriginal of Nguiu, the museum and early mission precinct.
- Being taken through art and craft centres and see the artists at work.
- Spending time with some Tiwi ladies enjoying billy tea and damper.
- Visiting a Tiwi burial site and learning some of the complex rituals associated with Pukamani Poles (burial poles).
- Learning about traditional bush tucker, medicine and natural fibres.
After a wonderful scenic flight you arrive at Bathurst Island where you are met by a Tiwi guide and taken on a journey through the progressive community of Nguiu visiting the museum and Early Mission Precinct with its unique Tiwi style Catholic Church. You are then taken through the successful arts and crafts centres, see the artists at work and have the opportunity to purchase Tiwi arts and crafts and screen-printed fabric at Island prices.
You will spend some time with some Tiwi ladies enjoying billy tea and damper, watching as they work on their weaving and painting and perform their totem dances. Then it is off on a scenic drive through the wilderness of the Island visiting a picturesque lookout which is also the setting of a Tiwi burial site and learning some of the complex rituals associated with the Pukamani Poles (burial poles). Its then time for lunch and a visit to the local waterhole for a swim before learning about traditional bush tucker, medicine and natural fibres and dyes on your return to the community for your return flight to Darwin.
To view the Tour Operator Profile for Tiwi Islands - Click Here
any enquiries regarding booking this tour, or for more information
about what Diverse Travel Australia can offer, please contact
For additional itineraries that feature more of Australia